Resources for Editors
Resources we have found particularly useful for editors:-
- Best-of-the-Best listings.
- UK-List listings.
- Other classifications within start-page.
- UK government open site www.open.gov.uk
This links to government departments, agencies and much more.
- Specialist magazines on individual interests.
- Internet and computing magazines.
- Link pages on web sites.
- Published directories of web sites, although most are mainly American.
- Search engines and directories. (see our direct search areas). Try a
number as they have across them only about 25% of sites, probably lower than
this in the UK.
- Chat and newsgroups on the topic.
- Asking other editors for advice. We have a help page where you can point
out general help requirements.
- Guesswork. Try putting in relevant words with .co.uk and .com at the end
and see what exists. Particularly with companies this works.
Please suggest other items to add to this list.